Thank you for your interest in our 18th annual Genealogy “Summer Camp”—June 7 to 12, 2015. The application will help us understand your research interests and experience, so that we can better prepare for your participation.
Before completing the application, you should be aware of the following points:
- The “Summer Camp” curriculum emphasizes sources for genealogists researching families who lived in what is now Toronto.
- NOTE: Despite this Toronto emphasis, researchers with ancestors anywhere in Ontario will benefit from Summer Camp.
- Genealogy “Summer Camp” is primarily designed for participants who live outside of Toronto. However, local residents are welcome to apply and may stay with the group, or attend every day as “day-campers”.
- Enrolment will be limited, to allow individual guidance, and to accommodate archives and libraries.
- Genealogy “Summer Camp” will be a fairly intensive week of research, and while we hope to have some fun too, it is not designed for young children. However, families with seriously interested older children or teenagers, are very welcome. All participating family members must complete questionnaires and pay the registration fee.
- Genealogy “Summer Camp” will enable you to make optimum use of your research time in Toronto, but of course, we cannot guarantee your results. Some individuals, for various reasons, did not leave much of a “paper trail”.
We hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to sharing the experience of Genealogy “Summer Camp”.
The fee for the 2015 Summer Camp is $260.
- The registration fee includes:
-approximately 7 hours of lectures and tutorials
-approximately 25 hours of hands-on instruction
-all worksheets and handouts
- Charges for public transportation to and from repositories are not included.
- Genealogy “Summer Camp” is subject to minimum and maximum registration requirements. We reserve the right to cancel the course if these requirements are not met, or for any other reason. If this is necessary, we will make every effort to do so before May 19, 2015. All payments received would be fully refunded.
- Applicants may cancel up to May 15, 2015, subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- The success of each participant in Genealogy “Summer Camp” depends, in part, on the structure of the whole group. We reserve the right to select applicants whose research experience and interests seem to fit well together. (Any applicant not accepted would, of course, have their registration fee fully refunded.)
NOTE: This year’s Genealogy Summer Camp is over. Registration is no longer available.
You will have the choice to pay online with your credit card through PayPal, or with your PayPal account, or by mailing us a cheque.
BACK TO THE ONTARIO GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, TORONTO BRANCH